Monday, May 14, 2007

On Saturday (12 May 2007), I bribed my mom and showed that I wanted to head to the Barefoot Boogie later on, but on an earlier attempt, she rejected my request after stating that the Boogie was a "petty party." I didn't buy that and later onward whilst my mom and I decided to head for Junior's/Western Beef around the corner and I asked for a $20, so that I could get a haircut instead. I had to wash first because I smelled bad and then had to eat something and that something was fries and one of three links of smoked sweet sausages with Bullseye(TM) barbecue sauce.

took some 20+ minutes and I gave the barber my $20 and got half of the amount back. It was about 18.45/6.45pm and I put in an extra $2 to my curren
t MetroCard (I had $2 in my MetroCard, by the way). I heard an incoming 3 train entering Pennsylvania Avenue, on the Manhattan-bound side and had to hurry and when I swiped my card, I was rushing to the end of the 3 train. Thank heavens I did get on the train just in tme when the train doors were closing. I was traversing through the train all the way to the first car when I got to Eastern Parkway-Brookly
n Children's Museum. At this time here, I took off both my purple socks and blue/black flip-flops and went barefooted the rest of the way. I did get off at Court Street-Borough Hall for an incoming 4 train and whilst I was on that train, I had adjusted the cuffs of two pants I was wearing, a denim blue Seafarer and maroon bellbottoms, respectively as well as a white/royal blue baseball shirt and an adidas(TM) ClimaCool jacket and a black corduroy jacket. I had seen a 6 train at Brooklyn Bridge, but was immobile, so I had to stay on the 4 train I was on until I got off at 14. Street-Union Square for anIt was off to the barbershop I go as I got a low fade with the topside down and while I was in the process of doing so, a man with a bagful of condoms and this youngin, a girl to be more precise, wanted one to use, but one of the barbers stated that she is too young to use one. As for me however, I can use it right now because I'm at par with the age of majority (21 years-220 days). The haircut itself incoming 6 train that I passed several moments earlier. There I was at 28. Street and I had got off the 6 train and was enroute to the Insight M

editation Center and I was incoming and still barefoot and trying to get my feet as dirty as possible. I did get there less than one hour EARLY and another son-of-a-gun awaiting for the others to come. Minutes pass, I go down the staircase still barefooted several minutes before a few more people show up. I knew this would be a modified three-hour, single session with opening and closing circles instead of the usual four hours halved sessions and the halftime circle. Fellow Boogie-goers like myself needed help setting up the Boogie. Whilst I was doing this, I was thinking, "Did I pay them $10 at least?!" I didn't think that way through the night, at least before the opening circle. Speaking of that, the opening circle signaled the start of the Boogie and a series of impromptu yoga sessions at the start and at the end later. At least I did have a good time through the three-hour session as most of the tunes are danceable with some are not and had to come off the floor a few times to yet another impromptu yoga session. At least I did have a good time, but I had to get this dirty feet thing off my chest by telling some Boogie-goers to show their pairs of dance feet, so I showed them mine. I wanted dirty feet to dance in anyway. This is the reason I came to the Boogie for this reason IS to be barefoot outright, so I took a few pictures of fellow Boogie-goers' dirty feet after dancing for some three hours non-stop. Examples, below:


I left the Insight Meditation Center still barefooted, but with rain falling during the Boogie and not afterwards, I was still lucky to get into the station (28. Street) unschathed, but had to wait for a pretty slow 6 train to come my way. I did get on the 6 train to the terminal Chambers Street-Brooklyn Bridge-City Hall only to wait for even a slower 4 train. I was still barefoot throughout even though it was about 01.30/1.30am, but my feet looked like this when I got on the 4 train and sat down later on:
I did however put back my purple socks and flip-flops following the 4 train's exit of Utica Avenue-Crown Heights station and prepare to meet my mom later on. About eight minutes later at Pennsylvania Avenue, I got off the station and walked home. But despite this, it was 02.04/2.04am when I got home. I knew this in advance because if I had came all the way home barefooted, I would risk getting into some very serious trouble. My mom saw me unclothed and sockfooted, asking me where I was and I told her I went to the Boogie and I will do this again in a forthnight's time, if nothing goes amiss. BTW, I did watch the Victoria Mile from Japan and then went to bed later on.

No comments: